APPENDIX: Title List
- Arant, Farilie. "America's 'First Man of the Stage' Thomas Cooper." John F. Kennedy Center Program Magazine, Oct.-Nov., 1971-72 season.
- Cohen, Debra. Untitled article on the work of Meredith Monk
- Herzel, Roger. Untitled article. Concerns English comedies of the 18th century, especially the changing role of the senex.
- Hewitt, Barnard. "Mrs. John Wood and the Lost Art of Burlesque Acting." Educational Theater Journal, vol. XIII, no. 2, May 1961
- Jenkins, Linda Walsh. "Women in Performing Arts: An Overview."
- Macer-Story, Eugenia. "Drama for Health: Principles, Sources and Modern Use of the 'Wu-p'o' Tradition." Eugenia Story, 1975
- Magnus, Dorothy B. "Matriarchs of the Regional Theater." Delivered at the August, 1975 ATA Convention.
- Matlack, Cynthia Sutherland. "On the Affinity between the Historiography of Theatre History and Women Studies." Preliminary Symposium: The Historiography of Theatre History, Ohio State University, April, 1974.
- Wilmeth, Don Burton. "Margo Jones Theater." From his dissertation, University of Illinois: Department of Speech and Drama, 1964
- Leontovich, Eugenie. Chinoy Interview, 1968
- Terry, Megan. May 1976, Smith College
- "A Salute to Women in American Theatre." Florida State University, Tallahassee participants: Ann Burr, Celeste Holm, Audrey Wood, Dorothy Olim, Vinie Burrows, Ethel Barrymore Colt, Jean Dalrymple, Patricia Zippordt, Cheryl Crawford.
- Albee, Gliria. Medea. 1973
- Asher, Sandra Fenichel.
How I Nearly Changed the World, But Didn't (Not Yet Anyway).
Afterthoughts in Eden, 1972
- Ausubel, Bobbi. Focus on Me.
- Boesing, Martha
The Gelding, June 1974
Pimp, October 1974
Pimp, A One-Act Play for Three Women, November 1977
- Brindley, Penelope. The Transformations.
- Burnham, Sophy. Penelope, 1976
- Caravan Theater, Cambridge, MA. How to Make a Woman.
- Flanagan, Hallie and Clifford Margaret Ellen. Can you Hear Their Voices? 1931.
- Gates, Joanne E. Aphra Behn: Playwright.
- Gustafson, Anita. Aunt Ealdgyth is Coming Today! Stand Back!, 1975
- LaTempa, Susan.
Ladies' Room. Suedan Press, 1975
A Play of One's Own…The Story of Virginia Woolf, 1974
The Receptionist. Suedan Press, 1975
- Morris, Liz. Minnie's Last Jig, 1976
- Nass, Elyse. . Love from the Madhouse, 1972
- Presson, Jay. Stars in a Person's Backyard.
- Terry, Megan. Approaching Simone, 1973
- Thompson, Louise. Impressions of Loving.
- Wilshire, Donna. A Revolution is a Circle, 1976.
- Abrahamson, Irving. The Career of Rachel Corothers in the American Drama. University of Chicago: Department of English, 1956
- Dodge, Caroline. Rosamond Gilder and the Theater. University of Illinois: Department of Theater, 1973
- Epolito, Joseph. A Study of Characters in Selected Plays of William Inge. Ohio State University: Department of Theater, 1974
- Hitchcock, Ned II. Dancing Ground: An approach to the Criticism of Modern Dance. Case Western Reserve University: Department of Theater, 1973
- Humble, Alberta L. Matilda Heron, American Actress. University of Illinois: Department of Theater, 1959
- Klein, Elaine S. The Development of the Leading Feminine Character in Selected Librettos of American Musicals from 1900 to 1960. Columbia University: Department of Education, 1962
- Loganbill, G. Bruce. Cornelia Otis Skinner and Her Art Form of Monologue Drama. Michigan State: Department of Speech and Drama, 1961
- McKerrow, Margaret.
A Descrptive Study of the Acting of Alla Nazimova. San Diego State University: Department of Drama, 1961
- Margetts, Ralph E. A Study of the Theatrical Career of Julia Dean Hayne. University of Utah: Department of Speech and Drama, 1959
- Mendoza, Barbara. Hallie Flanagan. Her Role in American Theater 1924-1935. New York University: Arts Professions 1975
- Moss, Lynda. An Historical Study of Katherine Cornell as an Actress - Producer: 1961-1960. University of Southern California: Department of Theater, 1972
- Schaffer, Pauline Wright. The Position of Women in Society as Reflected in Serious American Drama from 1890-1928. Stanford University: Department of Speech and Drama, 1965
- Schanke, Robert A.
Eva LeGallienne--Actress, Director, Manager. University of Nebraska: Department of Theater, 1975
- Schlundt, Christena Lindborg. The Role of Ruth St. Denis in the History of American Dance, 1906-1922. Claremont College: Department of Speech and Drama, 1958
- Small, Miriam. The Life and Literary Relations of Charlotte LennoxThe Life and Literary Relations of Charlotte Lennox. Yale University: Department of English, 1945
- Swain, James W. Mrs. Alexander Drake, A Biographical Study. Tulane University: Department of Theater, 1970
- McPherson, Michael L. Lillian Hellman and Her Critics. University of Denver: Department of Theater, 1976
- Kaplan, Zoe Coralnick. Women in Focus in Major Plays and Productions of Rachel Corothers. City University of New York, Ph.D., 1979, Theatre
- Stephens, Judith Louise. The Central Female Characters in the Pulitzer Prize Plays, 1918-1949. Kent State University: Graduate College, 1977, Ph.D.