Terms of Access and Use:
The Lake Erie Female Seminary was founded in Painesville, Ohio in 1859 as a "daughter college" of Mount Holyoke. The course of study included a variety of mathematics and science courses, as well as courses in history, English, philosphy, Latin, and religion. In 1898 the name changed to Lake Erie College and Seminary and has since become a college.
Catalogs, publications, clippings, photographs, of Lake Erie Female Seminary, opened 1859, later named Lake Erie College and Seminary and Lake Erie College.
Please use the following format when citing materials from this collection:
Lake Erie Female Seminary Papers, Mount Holyoke College, Archives and Special Collections, South Hadley, Massachusetts
Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections
8 Dwight Hall
50 College St.
South Hadley, MA 01075
Phone: (413) 538-2013
Fax: (413) 538-2370 Email Reference Form: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/lits/library/arch/forms/areq.htm