Terms of Access and Use:
The Huguenot Seminary was founded on January 19, 1874 in Wellington, Cape Colony, South Africa, and is the oldest Mount Holyoke affiliated school. Reverend Andrew Murray organized the funds for the school, and Abbie Furguson (1856) and Anna Bliss (1862) led the school. The Seminary became a College in 1899. Today the College is primarily for Social Work.
Notebooks, catalogs, brochures, publications, clippings, photographs, of Huguenot Seminary, founded in 1874, later named Huguenot College and Huguenot University College. Includes manuscript journals of early years, 1874-1885, which reflect the involvement of Mount Holyoke Seminary graduates.
Material from this collection is available in an online digital format.
Please use the following format when citing materials from this collection:
Huguenot Seminary Papers, Mount Holyoke College, Archives and Special Collections, South Hadley, Massachusetts
Mount Holyoke College Archives and Special Collections
8 Dwight Hall
50 College St.
South Hadley, MA 01075
Phone: (413) 538-2013
Fax: (413) 538-2370 Email Reference Form: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/lits/library/arch/forms/areq.htm